Updated COVID-19 Response Procedures
Updated COVID-19 Response Procedures for Great River Rescue
From Executive Director Brandon Mustful
Beginning June 23, 2020, we will enter another phase of our response and recovery from COVID-19. We continue to be committed to the health and safety of our employees, volunteers, and clients while balancing our mission to save companion animals. After thoughtful consideration, we feel the following protocols will serve to allow more open operation of our organization, while protecting anyone that chooses to come to our shelter and use our services. Our new organizational protocols will be as follows:
- The front door will remain unlocked during normal business hours unless we reach 10 total (including staff) people in the shelter. We will then lock the door and put up a sign saying we are at capacity.
- Appointments are encouraged to help manage the flow of people. If we are at capacity and you do not have an appointment, you will be asked to leave.
- Limited people will be allowed within any room to maintain social distancing
- Hand sanitizer will be available at the front entrance and must be used upon entry
- Frequent disinfection of common surfaces will be conducted
- Staff must certify daily that they do not have symptoms of COVID-19. This will include daily temperature checks as they enter the building.
- Staff would need to go home if they experience any symptoms and remain isolated until ten days have passed since they first experienced symptoms, or three days have passed since recovery (resolution of fever without the use of medications)
- We will maintain 75% capacity of shelter animals in case situation worsens and animals need to go to foster homes
- Clients and staff must sign a waiver indicating they are aware of the risks and will not hold GRR liable for contraction of COVID-19
I thank the public for your continued patience and understanding as we all work through this public health emergency. I am pleased that GRR has continued to save pets and receive support from the community during this challenging time. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions on these updated procedures. I can be reached at 218-751-7910 or email@example.com.