Current Clinic ScheduleThis schedule represents our plan moving forward. However, clinics may need to be canceled on a moments notice if the Health Care System requires the use of our Personal Protective Equipment, or the State once again suspends spay/neuter surgeries.
- October 3-4
- November 7-8
*Our 2020 Clinics are now full! You may call us at 218-760-1307 to be placed on a waiting list in case we have cancellations. Registration for next year will open up as soon as we can confirm next year’s clinic dates, but that may not be until February.
Are you eligible for Pet Fixers Services?Please do not attempt to register if you are not eligible for services. Eligible participants must be receiving ONE of the following Federal or State government assistance programs OR provide proof of household size and income:
- Disability income
- Food support
- General assistance
- Heating assistance
- Medical Assistance
- MN Care
- Section 8 housing
- Temporary assistance for needy families
- VA Disability
- Family size of 1 – ($30,350 – yearly OR $2,529 – monthly)
- Family size of 2 – ($41,150 – yearly OR $3,429 – monthly)
- Family size of 3 – ($51,950 – yearly OR $4,329 – monthly)
- Family size of 4 – ($62,750 – yearly OR $5,229 – monthly)
- Family size of 5 – ($73,550 – yearly OR $6,129 – monthly)
- Family size of 6 – ($84,350 – yearly OR $7,029 – monthly)
- Family size of 7 – ($95,150 – yearly OR $7,929 – monthly)
- Family size of 8 – ($105,950 – yearly OR $8,829 – monthly)
- Add for additional household members – ($10,800 – yearly OR $900 – monthly)
You must complete a registration form and pay a $20 non-refundable deposit for each animal you would like to get spayed/neutered. If you are not able to complete the form online, you can call us at 218-760-1307 and we can help you get registered. If you plan on registering 8 or more pets, please contact us ahead of time. We may need to split up your animals into separate clinics. You may apply for any of the 2020 clinics. We will confirm your registration once a deposit is received based on availability at the requested clinic.
Pet Fixers General Guidelines
- Kittens must be at least 16 weeks old and weigh at least four pounds at the time of the clinic.
- Puppies must be at least 16 weeks old at the time of the clinic.
- Animals must be healthy and hydrated on the day of surgery.
- Animals must be safe to be handled by Great River Rescue staff and volunteers.
- If you suspect or know your animal is pregnant, we will not be able to spay it but will work with you on other options (like rehoming). Please contact us so we can help.
- There are no income restrictions on caretakers of feral cats and barn cat owners, but you will have to pay for the services for each cat. Cats will be ear-tipped.
- Registration is done online. If you do not have internet access, contact us by phone and we can help you get registered.
- Everyone must pay a $20 non-refundable deposit for each animal being registered. Your spot at the clinic will not be confirmed until your deposit is paid.
- If you do not show up for your appointment for any reason, your deposit will be converted to a donation for the program.
- Mark all the services you would like to receive. However, additional services can be added at drop-off.
Before Your Appointment
- Do not feed your adult pet after midnight the night before the surgery.
- Your pet may have water until the time of surgery.
- Check-in for dogs is between 7 and 8 am. Check-in for cats is between 8 and 9 am. You may not be admitted if you arrive after 9 am.
- Please walk your dog prior to check-in so they can go potty before being kenneled.
- Cash or credit/debit will be accepted for payment – no checks.
- Please bring proof of income qualification and a photo ID. Income qualifications can be found at petfixer.org.
- Cats must arrive in a kennel or crate. Dogs must be on a leash.
When You Arrive
- You may have to wait. We schedule between 30 and 40 animal surgeries per day and it can take some time to get everyone checked-in.
- When dropping off your pet, be sure to inform the attendant of any behavioral issues or other noteworthy items we should know about.
- Ask if you would like any additional services for your pet, such as a microchip, blood tests, rabies, or distemper vaccinations.
- A volunteer will call you when your pet is ready to be picked up. Please be sure that someone is available to answer the phone all day.
- It is very important that pets are picked up on time. If you do not come on time, the pet will be kenneled at Great River Rescue and you’ll be charged an extra $25.
- When you pick up your pet you will receive at home care instructions and medications.
- Obese animals may cost more, no additional charge for dogs or cats in heat.
- If parasites or infections are identified, your pet will be treated.
- If a male is cryptorchid (undescended testes) additional fees will apply and will be discussed at pick-up.
After Your Visit
- You will be given a post-surgical care sheet. Be sure to review it carefully and observe the instructions given.
- Limit your pets activity for the next 7-10 days – No running, jumping or bathing.
- Follow instructions given on your pet’s medication.
- Dogs must wear an E-collar for 7-10 days after surgery to prevent licking and chewing at the incision site.
What will your final cost be?
People who were scheduled for a prior clinic and cancelled or did not show up must re-apply.
Core vaccinations are only administered at time of surgery; NO EXCEPTIONS.Obese animals may cost more, no additional charge for dogs or cats in heat. Additional charges will be applied for hernia repair or to neuter an animal with undescended testicles.
|Animal Type||Service||Your Cost|
|Male Dog (under 40 lbs)||Neuter||$80|
|Male Dog (40 lbs or over)||Neuter||$100|
|Female Dog (under 40 lbs)||Spay||$95|
|Female Dog (40 lbs or over)||Spay||$125|
|Dog or Cat||Rabies||$10|
|Dog or Cat||Distemper Combo||$10|
|Cat||FIV/FeLV Blood Test||$20|
|Dog||4DX Blood Test||$20|
|Dog or Cat||Flea/Tick Treatment (will be applied if fleas or ticks are discovered)||$15|
|Dog or Cat||Hernia Repair||$15 extra|
|Dog or Cat||Undescended Testicles||$15 extra|
|Dog or Cat||Obese spay/neuter||$10 extra|
|Dog or Cat||Microchip w/Registration||$20|
We also offer a dewormer (Praziquantel) for dogs and cats for $15
What is covered by these services?The information below is general in nature. Depending on the availability of products from our vaccine providers, the exact combo vaccine, or flea/tick treatment used can vary. We will update this information within a few days of the clinic with exactly what is being offered for that clinic.
Use the link below to register for a Pet Fixers Clinic. You may select a day among those with availability. You must pay a $20 non-refundable deposit for each animal you register. That $20 fee will be counted toward your total clinic fees. Space at the clinics is limited. You will receive a confirmation email from our system Clinic HQ. You will also receive a consent form for each pet you will be bringing. Please sign and submit your consents as soon as you receive them. Please review all of our COVID-19 Procedures prior to registering | Click Here
Register | Registration Closed