Jeanne Edevold Larson
As a nonprofit organization Great River Rescue depends on its volunteer Board of Directors for guidance and governance. Our Board of Directors creates and reviews policy, provides fiscal oversight, helps raise needed funds, and makes important organizational decisions. The Board is made up of people just like you; community members who believe in our mission of saving and rehoming lost, abandoned, and unwanted companion animals. We are looking for people from all different backgrounds and a variety of skill sets – you don’t have to be directly involved in animal welfare or even have pets of your own!
As a Board Member, you will need to be available for monthly board meetings and you will be encouraged to help with special projects, and fundraising tasks. However, if you are not ready to become a Board Member, you can always join a committee. We have several committees such as the executive committee, fundraising committee, and animal welfare committee. Please thoughtfully consider becoming a Board Member or a committee member of Great River Rescue. You will be making a big difference for the animals, and for the community!
Why Become a Board Member with Great River Rescue?
- You will be serving the premiere companion animal adoption center for Bemidji and the surrounding area
- You will be part of a successful and growing nonprofit agency
- You will be making a positive impact on the community
- Your experience on our board will enrich your resume
- You will meet lots of interesting people who also care about companion animal welfare
- You will learn lots of skills such as how to read financial statements, and how to be diplomatic!
- Serving as a Board Member is a great way to give back
If you would like to serve as a volunteer member of Great River Rescue’s Board of Directors, please call us at 218-751-7910 or email us at email@example.com.
See our Board Member Position Description | Board Position Description
See our current Bylaws | Click Here
See our Committee Descriptions | Committee Descriptions
Apply for our Board of Directors Online | Click Here
Board Meetings are generally held on the first Thursday of the month at 5:30 pm at the Habitat for Humanity building in Bemidji. Please call ahead if you would like to attend a meeting as the meeting date and time is subject to change.
See our meeting minutes | Click Here
General Membership Meeting Agendas and Minutes | Click Here
All other Board Minutes are available upon request at the shelter.