A Home for the Holidays 2019
Great River Rescue seeks temporary foster homes during the month of December
Until a few years ago, Great River Rescue placed animals in temporary foster homes during the Christmas holiday. We did not offer this program for the past few years. This season, we are excited to announce that A Home for the Holidays is back! That’s right, we are actively seeking temporary foster homes for our pets during the month of December. This time around, it doesn’t have to be during the week of Christmas either. We hope that A Home for the Holidays will be beneficial for the pets, and joyful for our foster caregivers. We have four main goals in offering this foster care program:
- To engage the community in a fun, new way.
- To increase the number of people who participate in foster care.
- To increase adoptions of medium and large dogs due to increased information on the dogs’ behavior outside the shelter.
- To increase enrichment for the shelter pets.
Here are the details you need to know:
- The program is open to the public.
- The program takes place during the month of December 2019
- Overnights Tuesday – Friday (pick-up between 5 and 5:30 pm each day and drop-off between 8 and 8:30 am).
- Saturday, December 7 to Tuesday, December 10; Saturday December 14 to Tuesday, December 17 (pick-up between 3:30 and 4:30 pm, drop-off between 7:30 and 8:30 am).
- Saturday, December 21 to Friday, December 27 (pick-up between 3:30 and 4:30 pm, drop-off between 7:30 and 8:30 am).
- Our Kennel Coordinator will keep a running list of animals eligible to be fostered.
- All foster care providers must submit a foster home application and be approved by shelter staff.
If you are interesting in being a Home for the Holidays foster caregiver, please submit a completed foster home application: Foster Home Application
You can also call us at 218-751-7910 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions.