Free and Low-Cost Wellness Clinic
Free and Low-Cost Wellness Clinic
ALL SPOTS ARE CURRENTLY FILLED!
Great River Rescue will be hosting a Wellness Clinic for pet owners meeting low income guidelines. Basic wellness services will be available to pets of qualified pet owners. Some services offered include core vaccines, deworming, flea/tick prevention, and microchip insertion.
Core Canine and Feline Vaccinations will be completely free thanks to Petco Love!
Saturday, March 25, 2023
12:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Hosted by Great River Rescue
1612 Carr Lake Rd SE, Bemidji
You must schedule an appointment before arriving. You may schedule only one animal per 6 minute time slot. To try to reach the most number of families possible, you may only use up to three total time slots. Services available as supplies last. If you bring your cat, please keep it in a carrier, kennel or crate. Dogs must be on a collar and leash or harness. Scroll down for pricing and a link to our sign-up form.
Great River Rescue is not a veterinary service. If follow-up services are needed, you will need to schedule an appointment with your own vet.
- Upon arrival, remain in your vehicle. We will come to you. We will take your pet directly from your vehicle. Please have your dog on a secure leash and collar/harness. All cats must be in a secured carrier. If you have multiple pets, we will take one at a time.
- After your pet’s appointment, we will return your pet to your vehicle. We can accept payment directly at vehicle. Cash, credit or debit will be accepted.
- As much as possible, paperwork and financial transactions will occur remotely. Clients will register through our ClinicHQ system and be able to sign their form, make payments, and receive post-clinic documentation via email.
- To prevent the potential spread of COVID-19, if you have experienced symptoms of illness in the past 14 days, do not bring your pet to our clinic. If your pet has been around someone experiencing symptoms within the last 14 days, do not bring your pet to our clinic. Thank you for understanding and respecting this policy.
Low Income Guidelines
To partake in this low income event, participants must be enrolled in one of the government assistance programs or fall within the household size and income parameters listed below.
Eligible participants must be receiving ONE of the following Federal or State government assistance programs OR provide proof of household size and income:
- Disability income
- Food support
- General assistance
- Heating assistance
- Medical Assistance
- MN Care
- Section 8 housing
- Temporary assistance for needy families
- VA Disability
- Family size of 1 – ($31,900 – yearly OR $2,658 – monthly)
- Family size of 2 – ($43,100 – yearly OR $3,592 – monthly)
- Family size of 3 – ($54,300 – yearly OR $4,525 – monthly)
- Family size of 4 – ($65,500 – yearly OR $5,458 – monthly)
- Family size of 5 – ($76,700 – yearly OR $6,392 – monthly)
- Family size of 6 – ($87,900 – yearly OR $7,325 – monthly)
- Family size of 7 – ($99,100 – yearly OR $8,258 – monthly)
- Family size of 8 – ($110,300 – yearly OR $9,192 – monthly)
- Add for additional household members – ($11,200 – yearly OR $933 – monthly)
|Feline Flea/Tick Preventive||$12|
|Canine Flea/Tick Preventive (take-home chewable – 5 – 88 lbs dogs)||$12|
|Microchip Insertion & Registration||$25|
What is covered by these services?
Canine Distemper Combo -CANINE DISTEMPER-ADENOVIRUS TYPE 2-PARAINFLUENZA-PARVOVIRUS VACCINE
Feline HCP – FELINE RHINOTRACHEITIS-CALICI-PANLEUKOPENIA VACCINE
Bordatella – Bordetella bronchiseptica (kennel cough)
Feline Flea/Tick for cats – Selamectin – Selamectin kills adult ﬂeas and prevents ﬂea eggs from hatching for one month and is indicated for the prevention and control of ﬂea infestations (Ctenocephalides felis), prevention of heartworm disease caused by Diroﬁlaria immitis, and the treatment and control of ear mite (Otodectes cynotis) infestations. SENERGY is also indicated for the treatment and control of roundworm (Toxocara cati) and intestinal hookworm (Ancylostoma tubaeforme) infections in cats.
Canine Flea/Tick – Simparica – Kills and prevents fleas and ticks for one month
Register using the following link. Select an available time slot between 12pm and 4pm on March 25, 2023. Select the services you would like and please provide any pertinent medical and behavioral details about your pet(s). ANY APPOINTMENTS MADE ON ANY DATE OTHER THAN MARCH 25 WILL BE REJECTED!
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Thank you Petco Love for making this event possible.
I have 2 chihuahua mixes, can I bring them together?
Yes, but they would need two separate time slots when you make your appointment. Enter and submit information for one dog, then submit information for the other.
Hi I have 2 dogs I can’t seem to not find the page to sign them up
We hope to have another Wellness Clinic in May or June. We will make an announcement soon.
May I purchase the flee and tick chewable being your time slots are all full. At the price listed . I am on disability.
Hi Lois. I’m sorry, but we can only sell it through our Wellness Clinic.
when will you have the next free pet clinic?
thank you very much.
We will hopefully have one in May or June. We will announce it through our Facebook page soon.
Been trying to get my dog vaccines for rabies and whatever he needs got a muzzle need dog relaxation plan cause everything sets him off other dogs cats men mirrored glasses baseball hats
Hi Melanie. Unfortunately, we don’t have any clinics scheduled right now. Please keep an eye on our site for any updates. We can talk about his special needs if you call us prior to an appointment to make sure he can get vaccinated safely.