Schedule a tour or presentation for your group
At Great River Rescue we want to help educate the public about the work we do and the importance of proper pet care. If your group is interested in taking a tour of our facility, or having a presentation given, we can help! All you need to do is contact us at 751-7910 and we can set something up. Tours can be scheduled with Brandon at a time that is convenient for you. We do ask that you give us as much advanced notice as possible to arrange the best possible time for everyone. Presentations can generally be scheduled during normal business hours (Monday – Friday 9 am to 4 pm).
If you do schedule a tour or presentation, we ask that your group conduct a project to support our work. This is a great chance to teach children the importance of giving back to community causes. Here are a few project ideas that would really help the animals:
- Take time to conduct a cleaning project at the shelter.
- Bake dog or cat treats or make toys out of old shirts and towels to donate.
- Hold a supply drive for needed items like cat litter, bleach, or laundry detergent.
- Raise funds for your group with a portion being donated to Great River Rescue.
- Build dog houses or cat climbing structures to be donated or raffled off.
Again, just call us at 751-7910 to set something up. Thanks!
Ways you can Help Great River Rescue:
- Share Your Love – Tell others about the work of Great River Rescue. Let them know how important it is to support our organization. Make a presentation at your school or community group about the importance of proper pet care. Ask us to help you with this project.
- Make Adoption Posters – Take pictures of the animals or download their photos and create posters about them. Post them up at your school or work.
- “Like” us on Facebook – Like us and share our posts with your friends. Encourage others to “Like” us on Facebook.
- “Follow” us on Twitter – Follow us on Twitter and comment on our posts.
- Get Crafty – Make your own dog and cat toys or blankets at home. Braiding simple rags and towels together is a great way to make a chew toy for dogs. Do an online search to find more great craft ideas for pets.
- Do Some Baking – Bake your own cat and dog treats to donate to the shelter. There are plenty of great recipes out there for which you only need a few ingredients!
- Fundraising – Organize your own fundraiser for the shelter. Sell lemonade or baked goods, or hold a penny drive at your school. There are lots of ways you can raise money for the pets.
- Hold a Supply Drive – Ask us what supplies we most need and then organize a supply drive with your friends and neighbors. You could even hold a party and invite your friends to bring pet supplies as a gift.
- Donate Household Items – Do you have any extra pet supplies, office supplies, towels or blankets that you don’t need? Donate them to the Humane Society.
- Be a Clean Freak – If you are too young to work directly with the animals, you can still help clean around the shelter.
- Get Creative! – Do you have any good ideas about ways to promote adoptions? Anything you can do to help us get these pets adopted is appreciated.